My feelings when I was told that I was going to Germany

The thought of travelling to new places leaves us enthralled and full of excitement.I was too when my mother told me that she was going to send me to Germany for a school exchange programme .I was speechless.I was on cloud nine!My ears rang with those words the entire day.Germany is a beautiful place.The architecture is intricate and there are many places to visit as well.That very day I started researching about Germany.My brothers told me not to count my chickens before they hatched.Why would they say so?That was because we had to submit a form(which I of course did not have)and give it to the teacher.And the bad news?The last date had already gone.I had not taken this problem into consideration.I began to fret and panic.I instructed myself to stay calm.I resolved that I would get the form first thing tomorrow,get it filled, take the money on the next working day that was Monday and voila!I would be going to Germany.The next day,I went to get the form with one of my friends I crossed my fingers hoping and wishing that ma'am would allow me to give the form the next day.Thankfully ma'am agreed.I took a sigh of relief calming myself down.My friend took a form too,but was scared that her parents might not allow her to go.Hence,she did not want false hope and tore the form.I was paranoid at her.Now I would be the only one going from our section.She had never been so impatient before today.I knew she wanted to go and regretted her decision.So I told her to get a new form.But no!She was adamant and would not budge.I finally gave up hope.Later in the evening,I told my mother about this incident.She told me that she was not sending me there  because of someone else,but because I would enjoy and learn a lot there.I went to my brothers and said that I could start counting my chickens because they had hatched.They gave me a quizzical look and demanded an explanation.I kept a straight face and showed them the filled form.They laughed and hugged me.The next week I kept thinking about Germany.I could not concentrate the whole time.I would keep drifting into thoughts even though I do not day dream.We were told the names of our hosts.But out of the blue they had to go somewhere and I got a new host Her name is Laura.We have to perform a song and a dance in front of them .It is going well.The prospect of going to Germany still excites me.We are going on 26th night of May .I cant wait.They say time flies.It is not flying but instead it is slowing down.When I am there,time will be flying and will defeat every one .It will stretch it's wings and fly freely not caring that I am enjoying and having a blast.

Comments

  1. Amazing ....thrilled to read such a exicted story...best of luck baby... God bless u beta

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best Arshia 👍😎 keep learning and make memories😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy yourself and best of luck🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. That friend tore the form for a reason though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Curious Murder

My responsibilities

Nectar and poison