My visit to Germany (Munich)- School Exchange Program


My visit to Sabel school Munich, Germany is unforgettable and unique .The moment we the group of nine students accompanied by a young and enthusiastic teacher landed in the country of architecture and motor, we knew that many surprises awaited us. We were welcomed by our hosts on the airport which was an unexpected but a warm gesture for me atleast. After a quick breakfast we went to Sabel School. It was a well-designed structure, the first imprint in my mind. The interactions with the teachers and children made me feel comfortable and like family. The best part of the first day was the group photograph.
During the stay, the days were well planned and were executed gainfully for us. We worked on a project on architecture and visited various historical and renowned monuments. Marienplatz, also known as the town’s square, was one of the places we visited. The English Garden is a huge park with a canal for surfing. We also visited the Nymphenburg castle which was made in the 17th century. The BMW world is a museum with almost all types of cars manufactured by BMW. It is a well maintained city which is kept clean by the citizens. We performed indian dances and sang song for the council of India and for Sabel School students. They just loved it and gifted us with memorandums.
The trip does not end here. The icing to the cake was the experience I had with my host Laura and her family. They went an extra mile to make me feel comfortable .They gave me enough space to settle down. When I gelled well they started to share their day with me as I was now a part of their family. I started to feel at home just in another country. On holidays and weekends they took me to a high rope course, a mountain named Zugspitze and to a mall. I also got the opportunity to meet their extended family who had come from Italy. I got the opportunity to taste German and Italian food like Pizza, Pasta, Burgers. I think I was the blessed one in the lot to have tasted food of two countries.  They did not let me go they gifted me with various gifts like top, candies etc. My host’s mother told my mom that sharing a daughter is a lifetime friendship. The best thing for both the families that the bond is between entire family now.
The most difficult time of the entire journey was the day when my host came to airport to see me off she could not stop tears roll down her cheeks. I was happy as I was going to meet my family but very emotional to leave such soft hearted people.
Exchange programs are an experience for lifetime. These programs make us independent, humble and confident.   We also get to imbibe the value of our school-‘One planet the earth, one family mankind’.

Comments

  1. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also be travelling to Germany this time in the school exchange program, I am very eager to visit the English Garden Munich, one of friend went in the exchange program last year and he told me about his experience to Germany, he mentioned the name of English garden like 100 times and from that time I am keen to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Curious Murder

My responsibilities

Nectar and poison