A Birthday Party


Last week, on Friday I went to my best friend's birthday party in Noida. When I came out of my house, the gentle breeze ruffled my hair and the leaves of the trees rustled lightly, making a pleasant sound much like the waves of the sea lashing on the side of a cliff. I wished that the party was out in the open. But no such luck. It was inside the society club.

The car ride was exhausting. But we finally reached the party after an hour or so. We walked inside the club. It was full of pink and white balloons, my friend's favorite colors. Streamers lined the ceiling. The club was huge. Everyone ran and rushed inside the club. I spotted my best friend clothed in a spotless gleaming blue gown. Her hair were adorned in a silver crown made of white beads and sequins. She looked glamorous, like a supermodel. I ran upto her and hugged her tightly. We had not met in a long time.

Later, we started playing several games. Some of which I won and some I lost. After the games, we went outside into the spacious garden through the back door. The air was refreshing and cold. The garden was full of trees and plants. The grass was trimmed short and gave a tickling feeling when sat on. Pots were put here and there for decoration. The garden gave an amazing view of the tall, towering buildings of the society. We played 'catch' and 'ice and water'. We were gasping for breath by the time we finished playing.

We headed inside and had the appetizing food. The aroma waffled through the room making our mouths water. We chatted while having food and later played 'flip the bottle'. Then it was time to go. It was impossible. It was if time had flown. But I had to go. I thanked my friend for inviting me and wished her once again. I sat in my car thinking about the amazing time we had.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Curious Murder

Nectar and poison

My responsibilities